So I've spent the last couple of days doing about....*ponders*.... 48 different colour variations for the characters, and I've finally chosen their final colours. It took me a while, but I'm quite happy with it.
Here you'll see the original 48 colours I did (colouring roughly onto pencil drawings) -
I then narrowed it down to my favourite 4 from each group....
And finally, after a little bit of tweaking things here and there, I narrowed it down even further and picked the ones I think suited the characters more and looked better -
Obviously these designs are rough (all pencil drawings) so my next step is to maybe tweak things a little bit more (neaten it up mostly) and do a final rendered version of each of them :)